The company's software division had recently been reorganized
to support a change in strategy. A new director had been appointed to lead
a high profile group within the division. Some members of his management team,
while experienced in the group's technology, were inexperienced in management.
The team struggled with conflicting goals and priorities, as well as differences
in philosophy on how to address technical issues. This impeded the team's
ability to effectively manage the group. The group's director engaged AEC
to help him align the team on the group's strategic goals and priorities,
and to strengthen its ability to take effective action.
- Identified specific business challenges and management
issues facing the team to determine an agenda for team building.
- Designed and facilitated off-sites for the management
team to understand and agree on:
- > their group's strategic goals and priorities
-> the role of the management team
-> their respective work styles and contributions to the team
-> their collective strengths and development needs as a team
- Addressed specific business challenges and management
issues with the team, facilitating effective teamwork in the process.
- Coached the division's director to strengthen his
- The management team aligned on the group's vision,
strategic goals and priorities.
- The team developed an increased understanding and
appreciation of individual differences in work styles and philosophies,
which facilitated productive discussion, problem solving and planning.
- Accountabilities and action plans were established
to achieve the group's strategic goals.