In response to industry restructuring, the VP of Insurance
Services at a financial services company initiated a "business renewal"
process to recover business being lost to competitors, increase transaction
efficiency and improve risk selection. He engaged a group of consultants to
support the senior management team in this renewal process.
E&W was brought in to lead the design and implementation of the "people"
components of the new organization (e.g. structure, culture and management
processes) and ensure their integration with redesigned work processes and
- Designed and facilitated the process for senior
management to create the vision and strategy for a more competitive business.
- Coached executives in leading and managing the business
renewal initiative and educated them as to their role in modeling the desired
- Partnered with the client project manager and with
process and technology consultants in leading the design phase of business
- Led project teams in designing the organizational
structure and culture; educated them on the impact of organizational design
- Co-led the implementation of the new organizational
structure, including role clarification within and between teams, and establishing
performance goals and measures.
- Designed and implemented a leadership development
program with underwriting operations managers and supervisors.
- Designed and piloted a new competency-based employee
development process with selected employee groups.
- A new organizational design was established with
improved customer service, streamlined processes and reduced costs.
- A results-based and customer-focused culture change
was initiated among managers and employees.
- Employee development plans were created and implemented
to build new competencies required for business success.